TexShare Card and ILL
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service that allows Lake Travis Community Library card holders access to materials that are not available from the Library’s collection. Patrons may borrow two items at a time.
How to Request an Interlibrary Loan Item
- Access the Texas Group Catalog
- Search for the item you want by typing the title or author into the search box. Ensure that the drop down box next to the search box indicates Texas Group Catalog
- Select the item you are looking for by clicking on the title. Please be sure that you select the proper format: book, DVD, large print, audiobook, etc.
- Click Request Item (the blue button in the middle of the page)
- Choose Lake Travis Community Library as your home library
- Enter your library card number and phone number or password
- Review the information and ensure that it is the correct item
- Enter a Need by Date if appropriate
- Enter your Email Address
- Click Continue
The library will contact you when the item is available for you to pick up at the circulation desk. Please note that if you fail to pick up your Interlibrary Loan request you will incur a $3 fine.
You may also submit an Interlibrary Loan request with this form.
Please email [email protected] with any Interlibrary Loan questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about ILL
Who may use Interlibrary Loan?
The Interlibrary Loan service is available to all Lake Travis Community Library cardholders, unless you owe the Library more than $5 in fines.
What can I request through Interlibrary Loan?
- Books, audiobooks, and DVDs, which are not owned by LTCL
- Items published no earlier than 6 months ago
Is there a charge for Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan is a free service for LTCL cardholders. There is a $3 charge for items requested but not checked out.
How long does it take?
A requested item should arrive in two to three weeks, depending upon how widely available it is and the location of the library sending it. If you need the item more quickly, you may request a TexShare Card which will allow you access and checkout privileges to a nearby library which holds the item.
Will I be notified if my request can’t be fulfilled?
Yes. You will be notified by email or phone if the item cannot be supplied by another library.
How many items may I request?
You may have up to two active Interlibrary Loan requests at a time. A request is considered active from the time it is requested until the borrowed item is received back in the Interlibrary Loan office.
How long can I keep ILL materials?
The loan period is determined by the lending library.
Can I renew my Interlibrary Loan materials?
You may request an extension of the loan period for an ILL item. You must make the request at least 5 days before the item is due.
ILL staff must first request a renewal from the lending library. If the renewal is allowed, ILL staff will notify you with the new due date (this is determined by the lending library). Contact the library at [email protected] or (512) 263-2885 to request an extension of the loan period for ILL materials.
As a patron of the Lake Travis Community Library, you can apply for a TexShare card. Your TexShare card makes you eligible to receive library memberships at no charge at almost 700 public, academic, and medical libraries in Texas.
For more information about TexShare cards, please stop by the library or phone us at (512) 263-2885.