About Technology Assistance
We offer several options for technology assistance including in-person help with volunteer tech coaches, online help with tech tutorials and written columns on popular technology topics.
Do you have questions but can’t make it to the library or to one of the tutorials? Email our tech coaches at [email protected] for assistance with any tech questions or challenges you have.
- Tech Coaches work on a volunteer basis and do not take compensation.
- All coaching is done from the library, over the phone, or via Zoom.
- Tech Coaches can offer guidance but do not provide technical support.
Do you have questions about your computer, phone, tablet, or other tech? Drop in for one-on-one technology assistance from our volunteer tech coaches! Sessions are on a first come, first served basis.
Tech coaches are available in the library Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 2pm.
- It is helpful to have relevant passwords ready and accessible before speaking with a Tech Coach.
- Please have devices fully charged or bring a charger to use in the library.
Online Tech Tutorials
Join a library staff member Wednesday mornings from 10:30am to 11:30am for a live online Tech Tutorial. There will be time at the end of the tutorial for general tech Q&A. Please register using Zoom. After registering, the Zoom meeting link will be emailed to you.
Example topics Include:
- iPhone Tips & Tricks
- The Libby App
- Google Drive, Sheets, and Slides
- Microsoft OneDrive, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Apple Watch
- Cell Phone Battery Life
- Virtual Assistants (Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri)
If you’d like to request a future topic, please email [email protected].
Tech Coach Columns
Tech Coaches also write the regular column Tech Coach Corner covering popular technology topics. Find past columns listed below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter for the latest column!
Getting Started with Tech
- Desktop or Laptop or Tablet – Oh My
- A Great Way to Learn Your Electronic Device
- Managing Photos (Part 1)
- Password Manager (Part 1)
- Password Manager (Part 2)
- PDF? DOC? JPEG? GIF? MP3? MP4? ZIP? File formats explained in English
- What are These Terms I Keep Hearing About…Cut and Copy and Paste?
- What is the Cloud? Part 1: Introduction
- What is the Cloud? Part 2: How Clouds Work
- What is the Cloud? Part 3: Different Types of Clouds
- What is the Cloud? Part 4: What If I Just Want to Back Up My Data?
- WiFi, Cellular, Bluetooth, Oh My
- Battery Life
- Browser Extensions—Helpful or Harmful?
- Can I Easily Change to a New Email Account?
- Clickbait—What is it?
- Email Etiquette
- How Listening to Music Has Changed
- I’m Safe Using Private or Incognito Browsing, Right?
- Keeping Internet Devices Updated and Separate
- Telephone Communication When the Power Goes Out
- Website Cookies
- What am I Exposing When I Search the Web?
- What is a VPN and should I use one?
Mobile Device Tips and Tricks
- Apps to Help You Stay Connected to Friends and Family
- Apps to Make your Life Safer, Healthier, and Easier
- General Rules for Mobile Security
- How to Call 9-1-1 From Your iPad
- How to Use Your Smartphone as a Scanner
- iPhone Control Center
- iPhone Photography Basics
- Sending and Receiving Money Via Apps
- Smartphone Tips and Tricks
- Smart Watches as Medical Alert Devices?
- Video Calls